Friday, November 13, 2009

Today's pick is easy!


It's my dad! Today is his 57th birthday...so it is fitting that today I tell him thanks!

Dad, I really am thankful for you.

I am thankful that you love mom more than you love us kids :). I am thankful that you love God's word and that you are a faithful student of it. I am thankful that you are unashamed about your faith and have a strong conviction to share it with your family. I am thankful that you are a really great grandad to all 7 of your grandkids. I am thankful for all of the quotes that I hated when I was in high school, but now think are really funny and they are always great illustrations when I get to teach. Some of my favorites:

"I don't mind, you don't matter."

"I'm not running for cheerleader."

"Those lights in the rear view mirror are mine."

"3000lbs of metal hurling down the concrete slab."

And Nate's personal favorite, "Stupidity is a choice."

Thanks for being you dad, you are one of a kind:).

We love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dad says "at least one of you was listening. Also, your Mama loves you, too!"