Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In honor of this morning

the person I am thanking today is my MOM! I was at church this morning for an event I really do love, Mom2Mom. We meet 4 times a year and it's a time for moms to connect with other moms. My favorite part about it is that we get to have a mentor mom at each table. I love it because I simply love being around older women. They are so wise. I love hearing their stories and learning from their lives. But every time I leave I think about how lucky I am because I have the best mentor mom of all - MY MOM!

So mom, this one is for you. Thank you for being an example to me in all sorts of ways. On how to love your husband through respecting, submitting, serving, honoring him with your words. Thank you for showing me how to be a loving, kind, patient, and attentive mom. Thank you for all the late night talks, long phone conversations, and trips to Houston. Thank you for living at my house for a whole month when the boys were born. Thank you for loving me as I am, for loving Nate and Blake and Owen.

You are the best. I am so thankful to have you for my mom!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

It's very easy to love you! You're my joy. I feel very blessed to have you and Nate and the boys in my life. It's always amazes me how much our children continue teaching us! Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives and for all the love you give back!

Holly Heston said...

You do have a pretty wonderful mom!!!