Thursday, November 12, 2009

And in honor of yesterday...

since it was Veteran's Day, I want to say thank you to all of those who serve to protect our country! I think I will point out a family I know personally to represent all of those who serve.
Thank you Steve, Stefanie, Patrick and Ty Erb.
These are some friends of ours from church. Steve and Stefanie serve in the student ministry with us. They have two sons Patrick, who is a junior in high school, and Ty who is almost 11 months old! They are an amazing couple. They are so giving, caring, and kind. When we first got to know them in the summer of 2007, Steve was overseas serving (I think in Iraq...dont quote me.) He had just become a Christian and was over there as a missionary of sorts. He got to come home they had little Ty, and is now up again. He will be leaving next fall. Just last week I sat with Stefanie at Bible Study as we talked about all the things they had planned to do next year because it would be Patrick's last year at home...and now Steve won't be there. But they have amazing perspective even as they told our class on Sunday as Steve said proudly - "It's my turn!"
So many of these families sacrifice so much from their lives, to time away from their families...all for us. To that I say thank you!! Thank you Steve, thank you Erb family, and thank you all who serve so selflessly.

No comments: