Friday, November 20, 2009

I couldn't wait.

I am so excited about Christmas and I am not at all trying to bypass Thanksgiving...but...I just couldn't wait to decorate SOMETHING! Hopefully this weekend the house will start it's transformation!!! We will see if I can convince the hubster of that.
Today, I am thankful for good health. While being at the hospital yesterday I was reminded of how blessed the 4 of us really are. I saw so many sick, sick, kiddos. Owen has had to have surgery twice, but for some of these kids this was the 4th, 5th, or even into the double digits. I am so grateful that we have had as much good health as we have. I am so thankful for that.
The surgery went great. He was pretty subdued last night and really snugly! He slept great and has only had Tylenol this morning. He is already back to stealing Blake's toys :).
Speaking of Blake...he had a great day yesterday. He went over the the Bates' house and had Mrs. Ann and sweet Molly girl to play with all day. Apparently he had so much fun that when Daddy went to pick him up...he screamed and clung to Ann, then to Molly, not wanting to leave. He then came home FULL, and I mean FULL, of energy...he was making laps in the house!
I will post a picture of Owen's belly pre-op soon...many of you have asked what/why we were operating on it...so you can see for yourself!
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Holly Heston said...

Yea for a great surgery!!!! and I"m totally putting up all of our CHristmas tomorrow. Might be a little difficult with just one foot, but Christmas doesn't wait for a foot to be healed!!!

Mom said...

I'm ready to roll for the holidays!! Christmas is going to be so great this year, so many blessings and such fun! love you guys-and yes, God's been so good to our family with good health, we never need to take that for granted!