Monday, November 16, 2009

Dust yourself of and try again

try again...if at first you don't succeed...you can dust it off and try, try again...
I am singing that in my head because I totally missed yesterday in my challenge!
Ahh man!
But today I am back on and will hit it off with two things I am thankful for!
Thing 1: This will seem a little silly...but Texas Children's Hospital! Not only did they save Blake and Owen, but my pediatrician works for them also. And I think she is the best in the world! Today the boys had an appointment and she told me that she would be praying for Owen this Thursday when he has surgery (yes, O's having surgery :)). Anyways...how awesome is that?
She also likes to tell me all the time that they are miracles and I completely agree! TCH has also allowed us to continue to meet other couples with TTTS. I was recently introduced to a new family, the Caskey's, who have TTTS.
Actually, TCH didn't introduce us, but one of my former students from Charlotte, Rachel, who is actually now grown and married! Anyways because of TCH doing a wonderful job with getting the word about TTTS out, Rachel had followed the boys story. A few weeks ago her dear friend, Kelley, found out she was having twins and that they had TTTS. Rachel remembered my story, got in touch with me and got me in touch with her. I was then able to get them in touch with the team here, the best ones in the world!, and they are here today and having surgery tomorrow.

They are in town from Spartanburg, SC. They are getting consultation today and more than likely will have surgery tomorrow at TCH. Please pray for them their names are Jonathan and Kelley. Their twin boys are Owen and Rhys. They also have a 1 and 3 year old little girls who are back in SC. Please pray for this sweet family during this time. We know that God is able to save and heal! Thanks friends.

and for my #2: Blake finally is OVER 20LBS! Whohoo! 20Lbs 8 1/2oz! Big boy!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Holly Heston said...

YEA BLAKERS!!! Way to be such a big boy.

We'll be praying for our little man, O, on Thursday too.

Mom said...

The TCH team is beyond words! Our hearts will always be overflowing with our gratefulness for their care and support. God put them right in your path when you needed them! Owen will definitely be in our prayers as always!

Rachel said...

YAYYY! I hope you get to meet them eventually. they are awesome! thanks for being such a sweet friend and resource to them!