Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So there I was in the HEB parking lot...

With a car FULL of groceries, and two sweet boys in the back seat ready to go to happy hour at Sonic before heading home. I put the key in the ignition, turn it and NADA! Nothing happened. The car did not start! With the hubby 45 minutes away what is a girl to do?
And that brings me to my thankful list for November 10. Today I am thankful for the Avra and the Bates families.
I called Donna who tends to always be the one to run to the rescue. She was there in no time flat. I initially called her to ask her to take my groceries to her house so they didn't ruin and instead in true Donna form, she took the groceries and the boys to my house! Later that afternoon after we dropped the car off at the dealership we called to tell her we were coming home to which she said, you guys go get some coffee or a bite to eat. I got the boys! She's awesome. Thank you Donna Avra for being like family to us.

While I called Donna, Nate called Tim. He was initially calling him because besides being our friend he is our insurance guy. Nate wanted to double check about towing. Tim, also decided to go above and beyond. He showed up at HEB ready to jump the car. Luckily it was just the battery and he had it running in a few minutes. Who else leaves work in the middle of the day to come help you? Tim Bates does. Thank you Tim for being like family to us.

All of this happened in less time than it took Nate to drive from Conroe. So thanks to Donna we were able to spend a few minutes just the two of us on what also happened to be the 5th anniversary of our first date! It was a little different 5 years ago...

1 comment:

Mommy said...

And to think...there are no such thing as coinky dinks. ;) Love your positive attitude.