Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A circle is round

it has no end...that's how long you're going to be my friend...

Thank you girl scouts!

Today will be a some what long post. I am sitting at my desk and thinking of how blessed I am to have so many wonderful friends all over the place! I am so fortunate that those friends stay in touch with me through calls, emails, facebook, texts, visits...I am overwhelmed at their ability to love me even though miles are great.

So today girls that live in other states...this is for you...

I am thankful for:

Abbey, Todd and Allen (North Carolina)

Bianca, Matt, Caelyn and Urijiah (North Carolina)

Lindsay, Hal and Drew (Florida)

Kirsi, Brent, and Taryn (Minnesota)

Robin and Chris (Colorado)

Melodee, Jeff, Josie and Baby Crank (California)

And of course our friends that are too numerous to even begin to mention in Mississippi!

There are so many other friends we have in so many other states. These girls, minus Lindsay, were some of the bridesmaids in my wedding. We met the Ramsey's here in Houston and they moved to Florida about a year and a half ago.

The best thing about this is that miles really don't seem to matter. Time really doesn't either. We can pick up a phone after months and it feels the same as if we were together yesterday. I have numerous great memories of these girls and I love to reflect on them but our friendships don't live in the past, but the present.

I would also like to mention that every single one of them has come to visit me at some point.

I am also so blessed that each of these girls have an amazing relationship with the Lord, love their husbands and children (or dogs, Robin!) and are each women I respect greatly. Their giftings are so different that each one plays such a special role in my life. But above all I know if I ever needed anything I know they would be here.

Girls, thanks for being there...at least in heart!

Love you all!


Side bar:

Check out these cute shirts I made! I totally stole the idea from some one's blog! But COME ON! I am not crafty and look at this!

My little turkeys! And look how similar they look here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go! those shirts are so professional looking :) look at you !!!

Holly Heston said...

They really do look so much alike. I still can tell, though....Blake's on the left, owen on the right. Cute shirts!!

Robin said...

By our name you can type Rufus and Ivan by our name! Ha! I'm thankful for you too friend. Thanks for that sweet post.

Also, these little turkeys are super cute. And they do look super alike! Good job on the shirts, they are really great looking.