Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wide eyed

I really should be picking up the house since Lauren is on her way...but sometimes, I just need to get thoughts on paper. Lucky, or maybe unfortunately, for you blogging is my new "paper." I use to journal a lot, but now, blogging works - it's faster:).
This morning I was in complete awe of the buddies. Every day I notice how much more fun life is. Everything is so big, new and wonderful to them. One of their favorite places in the house is our bathroom. I am not sure why but they LOVE to be in there. We keep our bedroom doors closed to keep them out, but when we get ready in the mornings we let them in.
This morning one of the things that made my morning was calling them to me to let them into the bathroom. I was going to get ready to run and needed them in there where I could see them. I called their names and said, "want to come into my room?" I then heard a gleeful giggle and the fastest little pitter-patters you have ever heard. They came around the corner and gave me the looks of, "Really? We get to come in?!" Once in there the excitement begins. First they come in and start squealing - they love how loud they are. Next Owen goes straight for the cabinet doors and begins opening and closing them. Then he heads to the door to the potty and opens and closes it, then to the door for the bathroom and opens and closes it. He's into opening and closing things. He then starts all over again. While he is doing this, Blake chases the sunshine. Yep, it is the sweetest thing. Sometimes he tries to eat it! Then after a few minutes they begin their call to each other to get the other one to come and have some fun with what they are doing. It's really sweet to watch.
I notice this is how they are with everything. They are so wide eyed about experiencing life for the first time. In turn it makes things that much more fun for me and Nate as well. Going to the pool, going on walks, taking a bath, all more fun because of them.
I am so grateful for how wise our God is. People become so calloused towards life and He so graciously allows us to have children and start over with them to remember all of the good and perfect gifts that He, the Father of Lights, gives to us. They are all around us - we just need open our eyes more.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You're so right. Everything is new again thru their eyes and smiles. The great news is this goes on for quite a while and it renews our joy for life and helps us not to take such things for granted. Our God is very wise indeed!
love,
Mom

Preston Hazzard, Sr said...

When we read about the pure JOY these sweet babies have brought to you and Nathan's lives, I am reminded of the pure JOY Our Heavenly Father must feel (as do your mom and I), as He sees the incredible wife and mother your have grown up to be. Kim, we love you and Nathan so much for being such great parents and enjoying our precious gifts from God. -- Dad

Erin and Jens said...

So true - seeing things through their eyes is a great reminder of how creative God is. That is an excellent observation.