Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smitty would be proud

I think when I was in late elementary school the quintessential cheesy Christian pop song, "Friends are Friends Forever" became uber popular. I am pretty sure it was at the end of most camp videos for the next 10 years (following SC2's "The Great Adventure").
However, I have to give a big ole shout out to my man Smitty, as DC Talk referred to him, because he was so right about friends being friends forever! I am so blessed to have made some amazing Godly friends in my life. Those include friends I grew up with, friends I have served with, friends in Texas, friends across the country and friends in other countries.
Two friends I have had for a long time, Holly and Erin, I also have the added blessing of raising Blake and Owen with. Holly has a daughter, Payton, who is 17 months old and Erin has a daughter, Katelyn, who is 3 months old.
We met 10 years ago this August as freshman at HPU and then went on to live together for the next three years. Crazy to think it has been that long. And I have to give a little credit to my other man, Clee (Erin's brother and Holly's hubby) after all he did introduce me to both of them.
We have been in each others weddings, been there for the birth of our kiddos, celebrate most minor holidays together, and always take each other to eat for our birthday's. I always feel so blessed to have them as friends.
Thanks girls for being so great! My family loves you guys and your families!

With the kiddos for my birthday lunch




Owen couldn't get enough of Katelyn - he did his first real wave at her!


And then giving Payton kisses goodbye - check out the head tilts - look away Clee!


5 comments:

Granpa said...

Message from Granpa:
Clee, please don't shoot my grandson!

Erin and Jens said...

Ha! You better lock up that girl of yours.
So glad we've been friends for this long. In college the idea of all of us having kids seemed so far away! Now Katelyn gets to call you Aunt Kim...when she can talk that is.

Holly Heston said...

oh, kim....you made me tear up a little.

Clee is proud he made the blog, but embarrassed that his daughter is so forward. She's gonna need a muzzle when she gets around the boys.

Look out Erin, Payton will teach Katelyn everything she knows!

Love you guys too, and love that we get to raise our families together. who gets to do that, really????

Unknown said...

hey! i saw that you guys had a blog. well i subscribed to it so now i'll get your updates. we have one too and you can link to it from my profile. See ya!

Amanda said...

These pictures are so precious. You captured the "first kiss" on camera!