Sunday, May 17, 2009

So far, so good!

I turn 28 on Tuesday - 28 people! That feels so old. But I am comforted in knowing Nate will be 30 this summer so I am not that old! I keep thinking about people who are older than me and what they were doing at 28. For instance when my brother was 28, I was graduating college and he had a 4 year old and a 1 year old - he was old. When my sister was 28, I was getting married and she seemed old. I guess now it's my turn.
All of the oldness aside (and yes, I know I will hear people laughing at me for thinking 28 is old - it's not old - it feels as though I am suppose to be mature) I have had a wonderful birthday so far!
I have gotten some pretty awesome presents - some Tom's shoes (thanks Auntie!), money, necklace, sweet cards, etc. But the best was last night. Getting to have a date with my sweetie!!!
I really love my hubby a lot and he is my best friend. This past year has been somewhat hard for obvious reasons but also because we went from being a pair who did everything together to babyland. We had very little transition because we were pregnant one day and all consumed with the boys a second later. We did not have much time to prepare.
Then this past December he started a new position in Conroe. It's great because he doesn't travel any more (if you don't count a 45 minute one way commute). It's great seeing him everyday. But this job is hard. It's not only time consuming but energy consuming as well. Then you add in babies, and life's responsibilities and we are just tired, a lot!
So last night was even that much more wonderful. Yesterday we got to spend time together as a family - just the four of us. So fun! I then got to go and get all prettied up by getting my hair done. I almost fell asleep while getting it cut! SO relaxing! I then got home, changed and Nate had a babysitter, Lauren, lined up! We left and went to a Hibachi restaurant, and then to a movie. But before the movie started we walked around the mall and he SPONTANEOUSLY bought me a coach purse! WHAT! My thrifty nickel splurged - SPONTANEOUSLY! It was so sweet and romantic! He's a planner you know. Then off to get some coffee and to the movie.
It was greatness.
And then this morning - DONUTS!
I am a lucky girl and if this is how 28 is going to be - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is us on Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I have had a the hospital blues for the last 24-48 hours so to speak but when I read your blog I feel refreshed! You always seem to see the light in all situations and give me hope that before long my boys will be healthy and I too will have a normal life again! Glad you had a great birthday and a Coach purse ohhh lalala thats a nice treat!

Erin and Jens said...

Way to go Nate Dog! A++ for birthday date. Glad you're having a great 28th birthday...and it's not even your birthday yet!

Little Wonders said...

Happy birthday!! I just turned 30 in March, and I know what you meant about feeling old :) I'm sure having 2 kids at once has something to do with it, too :) So glad you had a fun birthday date.