Monday, June 1, 2009

Operation Search and Destroy


A friend of ours from church told me about a set of twins she knew - their grandad called them, "search" and "destroy." Because as they traveled in a pack that is what they would do. One would find something and get the other over to help bring it down.
I think I will steal that nickname.
This morning they went into the ONE room in the house that has the copper with the rubber door stopper. They went over to one of them, got the whole thing off the wall (luckily they haven't realized the rubber stopper comes off). I took it away. Blake then b-lined to the other one, gave off the twin call, and there went Owen. He started working hard on it and then Blake went over and moved the door out of his way so that he could assist. I then took that away...sheesh...that was before 8am!

On another note I am excited and sad that my friend Bianca had her second little baby last week. A boy named Urijah Banner. Urijah means "God is my light" and Banner is taken from Exodus 17 where Moses calls God his banner.

Nate and I are so fortunate to have lived so many places and made such amazing friends. I have college friends, Charlotte friends, childhood friends...I am saddened often that I can't take all of those friends regularly. I wish I could take them with me everywhere I go so that I can see them and celebrate with them. But life continues to take us forward...and we will go with it!

Here is some pictures of the daily changes of the buddies.

Owen's got the waving thing down! He waves bye and uses to hands to say "all done"...he sometimes look more like he is milking a cow

Blakey is pulling up on everything.

We like to take each other's "toys".

Bad bath hair

4 comments:

Holly Heston said...

They are quite the pair! I love the trouble making. So funny. Wait till Payton starts helping them out. THen we are in for it!

The Sharp Needle said...

Hey Kim! I love reading about the boys and all the fun ways they are growing. You probably heard from your brother or sis-in-law by now, but Aaron and I happened to meet them in an Adult Fellowship class at Stonebriar yesterday. Very nice to meet them...and especially nice to have some new acquaintances in our area. Hope to hear from you soon! Love ya!

susanna said...

Oh man! They are cute!

Amanda said...

Saw this today after reading your blog and thought I would share it because it made me think of search and destroy haha too cute! http://www.trendsintwos.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=237