Monday, June 22, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Nate said it, not me. But I did laugh out loud.
I remember when the boys were born I posted a page on our baby web site entitled, "Our little old men." It looks like Blake is getting younger as he gets older!

A few days old:













A few weeks ago...11 months!














Some things have changed, haven't they?

We had a great weekend celebrating the world's number 1 dad - Nate! We had a fun night with Holly, Clee and Payton on Friday. We even stayed up until midnight - voluntarily!
Then Saturday we had the most perfect day. We ran some errands, napped, went to the boat show and then out to eat and the boys were PERFECT! When I mean perfect, I mean perfect. They were so fun, so easy, and so happy all day. We came home, put them to bed and watched Defiance.
Yesterday was spent at church and then napping again!
Sad today is Monday...but glad to have had such a wonderful weekend.

Oh, one more funny story. Last week I worked VBS. I was a third grade guide. It was really fun and I am super glad I did it. I had this one funny boy in my class. One day he was telling me about his siblings. He told me when his parents were pregnant with their second child, they were really hoping for a girl, but it was a boy. Then when they were pregnant with their third child, again, they were hoping for a girl. When they were at the doctor they were told it was a girl. Well his parents were so excited, but hesitant to believe them. So they kept asking to verify and the doctor said, and this is a direct quote from the boy who is NINE..."I am sure, it's a hamburger and not a hot dog!"
I almost fell over.
Then the next day in the hall way with about 200 kids, he begins to tell me about giving his cousin a "titty twister." I am sure there was a shocked look on my face because of his choice in wording. So he begins to tell me how he does this. He kept saying, "titty twister" over and over. So I told him not to say that word at church. And he said, "what? is twister a bad word?" "What should I call it then? A titty-what?"
It was really funny. He wasn't trying to be bad. He was a very sweet kid with a knack for good story telling! Now I know why that show, "Kids say the darnedest things" was so popular!

3 comments:

Holly Heston said...

The benjamin button reference is hilarious. I had never thought of it, but that is funny. I'm just glad they don't have arthritis and have to use a wheelchair.

We had the best time on Friday, and I"m so glad your weekend was so wonderful. Love you guys

Granma said...

You never know what's going to come out of a kid's mouth! The other night Gracey and John spent the night and we'd had a busy long day and I was really moving slowly that night. I got up to put in a DVD for them and Gracey started laughing and told me "Granma you're getting old like Nana!" We all died laughing! What was funny was she thought it was funny before she told me! Of course she was talking about her other grandma after she had knee surgery! They are funny little creatures! And yes, Benjamin Button is a crazy reference, but true! Love you all

Amanda said...

I just love reading your blog Kim! It sounds like you had a great weekend with the boys & Nate. Kids do say some pretty funny things. I loved the story about the little boy. They really are so innocent at times...I laughed out loud reading your story. Thanks for sharing!