Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sons of Thunder


My dad loves to refer to Blake and Owen as "James and John, Sons of Thunder." James and John are a pair of bold disciples. I like to think too that God has great plans for these boys. We certainly know He worked hard at getting them here.
When Nate and I were dating I had the amazing privilege to travel to Arba Minch, Ethiopia with my church from Charlotte. I went on a team to work with some missionaries, Ralph, Monica and their children, who did/do an amazing job ministering to the men, women and children in a terribly hopeless and lost nation. It truly was a life changing time for me.
The couple who led the trip, Burt and Renee Cheezum, had been many times and not only knew and loved that culture but took such great care of the three girls that went.
When Renee found out I was having twins she immediately contacted me. When she found out they were sick they consistently prayed for the boys. She even told Ralph and Monica who prayed for us from Ethiopia. And soon after they were born we got the most adorable little Ethiopian outfits. I have been anxious for the day they would fit the boys and here they are!


I couldn't help but make them look like little missionaries. See how they have a bible and a giraffe? Africa - here they come!
I actually would be so proud if they chose to be missionaries. Not just to Africa but where ever the Lord may lead them. Our prayer every night is that they come to know the Lord at an early age and lead lives that bring glory to Jesus. I heard a quote this morning - "The world doesn't care about your relationship with Christ, but how much you resemble Him." I pray that my boys grow in their relationship and resemblance to Him everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These guys are going to continue being a blessing to all who know them. They are amazing and so is their Mom!
Love,
Granma

Holly Heston said...

Okay....I have to say that I laughed out loud at your comment about trying to make them look like little missionaries, and then I thought about your little boys doing that at 9 months, and it was so sweet and funny. I love the outfits, the pictures, and your hopes for the boys