Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Favorites

So no pics or videos of the boys...you had enough for one week!
I wanted to share 3 of my new favorite things...or things I am currently obsessed with.

I have a new goal. It's pretty lofty and I really think I have a 50% chance of accomplishing it. It is to do a mini-sprint triathlon Mother's Day weekend. It is all women and about 10 minutes from my house. This would be an 200 yard swim (approx 8 laps in a junior Olympic pool), 8 mile bike ride and 2 mile run. I really, really, really want to try this. However, we don't belong to a gym with a pool...so I would have to wing that part. I also am having a hard time riding my bike. I have a bike trailer for the boys...but 8 miles is long for them to ride. So as for now I am running and trying to eat healthy. I might just go for it with no training. We will see.

On the healthy note...2 of my favorite things have to do with healthy new food for me.
So favorite 1: Peanut Banana Shake - so so so yummy.
All you do is take some ice chips, half a banana, a little skim milk, two spoon fulls of light vanilla yogurt, and about a tsp of PB. Blend a long time until creamy...it's like ice cream I tell ya! I am so addicted that after I ran this morning we made a detour to the house so I could make one before taking the boys to the park. Try it...you will love it.

Favorite 2: My fancy scmancy tuna sandwich. I made tuna salad with out mayo and pickles (I don't really like either of those so I really didn't miss it). I used less than a tsp of EVOO and drizzled the tuna with that. Then I added about 1/3 of a lemon - juiced, chopped green onion, celery and a salt, pepper, garlic mix I keep on hand. I had it on toasted bread...so good. I think it would be even better with some fresh spinach and a tomato on top. I don't even like tomato! But I just know it needs it! Really yummy also.

Favorite 3: This is a song. It's called "Soon" by Hillsong United. I think I listen to it 1,000 time a day. So simple. So good. It's talking about Christ coming back. Favorite line: "Though I have not seen him, my heart knows him well." That is so my prayer. I hope when Christ comes back my heart recognizes Him!
Even if you don't want to download it, google the words...you won't regret it!

3 comments:

Kirsi Ingram said...

I want to do a lofty goal too! Maybe I can do it with you...Go team KK!

Kelcy Lillianne said...

love soon and love that line. has always caught my attention everytime i hear that song.

Eric and Darcy said...

I might be doing one, too! I don't think it's quite a mini-sprint, though. They have this race at a Lifetime Fitness where you just go from the pool to the bike to the treadmill and spend a certain amount of time at each.
I've never done anything like this before. We will feel so proud of ourselves when we're done!