Monday, February 1, 2010

Prayers and Pictures

So, first things first...I have a prayer request.

Background:
When Nate and I were dating I had the chance to go with our church to Arba Minch, Ethiopia. It was an amazing trip, one that certainly changed my perspective of life. I met so many amazing people while I was there. A really cool thing that I saw there was how many native Ethiopians who loved God and were missionaries to their own people! One of those people was our translator, Nega. Nega is/was such an amazing man. Full of love for God and love for people. He was a joy to be around for the weeks we were there.

The woman who organized our trip there, Renee, sent me an email this weekend in regards to Nega. He has gotten married in the past few years and is expecting a baby with his wife. Here is the email Renee got from him and forwarded to me:

Dear Mom and Dad,
Please pray for my wife that my wife is at Black Lion Hospital since Wednesday! A week ago we were told that her blood Pressure was very high and the baby could not gets enough food. So, they told us that it is better to take out the baby but in Ethiopia less than 1kg (32 weeks) will not survive. Our baby is 27 week, 900 gram only.

I know that God is Omnipotent! Please Pray!

Nega from Ethiopia

So I am asking that you join me in praying for him, and his wife Emu, and their sweet baby. I know how important it is to have prayers for you, your spouse and unborn baby! I will keep you updated.

On another prayer note, the family from SC that has twins with TTTS has made it past the 32 week mark. Her twins, Owen and Rhys, are weighing in at almost 5lbs each! AND they get to keep going! They are going to break a record I know it!!! Yeah God!!!

And lastly, new pictures of the boys!
Football player or Bible Character...can't tell!
How appropriate are these shirts?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing photos of your boys pop up in my Google Reader... They always make me smile! And have your Ethiopian friend in my thoughts.

Kelley C said...

What record am I going for exactly??
I'm now measuring 10 weeks ahead- 42.5 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure how much longer my body can hold out. I'm praying for at least 3 more weeks. Whew.
Your boys are SO precious and I love love love looking at pictures of them. They inspire me.

Mom said...

We'll keep Nega and Emu in our prayers. I can only imagine how difficult the next few days and weeks will be for them. Thank you for my precious little ones' pictures, they make me smile and I need that! Love you

susanna said...

Will definitely keep your friend and his wife (and sweet baby) in my prayers!

And I used to think that Blake looked more like Nate and Owen looked more like you. But after seeing Owen smile in that last pic, my opinion has flip flopped! He looks JUST like Nate when he smiles!!!!

Girl, I miss you so much! :)

Oh, and my little word verification that I had to type in for this comment was "penolus". I don't know what that is, but it made me laugh and somehow seemed appropriate for a blog about two little twin BOYS! :)

susanna said...

According to dictionary.com, "penolus" is not even a word. So, it can mean whatever we want it to!!!!! ;)

Kelcy Lillianne said...

Praying for Nega!!!

And please tell your boys to stop growing so much! It's been too long since I've seen them and I have a feeling I'm not going to recognize them when I do at the rate their growing! Your pictures help though :)

Miss you!