Thursday, December 1, 2011

My last minute DIY advent

So I have been wanting to do an advent calendar this year and with my pinterest app on my phone I have been seeing all kinds of cute ones for lots of inspiration.  But of course, I am me, I am not very crafty and known for great ideas and little follow through.  So of course since most Advents start on December 1st I put my thoughts together yesterday...which left me with today to make the calendar. 
However, I am very happy with my last minute project.  I am hoping to do a post a day this month to show all of the fun things we do.  Again though, great ideas...little follow through...so we will see!!!


Here is where I started: I got this cute scrapbook paper from Walmart for $.97 and it had 7 pages in it...NOT BAD!





Then I found this cute heart shaped envelope tutorial on pinterest and so I cut out some hearts and made emvelopes:


Here is the envelope and m&ms to put inside

Inside each I wrote a verse that we would read as a family that night and two m&m's and the activity we would be doing for that day.  I found the verse of of my friend Lindsay's advent blog found at rubiesandrewards.com

I then hung them on a ribbon with clothespins on our back doors

Here's a shot of both!

Not bad for not being crafty and doing it last minute!  We'll see how I like it once we do it.  Changes might come...


3 comments:

Alexis Grant said...

This came out so great! Impressed.

Rubies and Rewards said...

Love this and can't wait to see what else you do this month!

KandD said...

That turned out so cute! I am impressed.