Monday, June 28, 2010

O! - Hio!

This past week we got to go to Ohio to see Auntie and Uncle T. We had so much fun!!! It was more like staying at Hotel Freeman than staying with family. Nate and I were spoiled by the cooking, dates, help with the boys, and movies in the media room. The boys were also spoiled with treats, toys, and some FUN outings!

On the way there we had a lay over in Charlotte where we got to see my sweet, wonderful friend, Abbey and her little man Allen! What a treat! It was so great to hug her neck!



The first day we took the boys swimming at the country club and later that night grilled out and played outside.


The next day Nate and I went on a date for lunch and a movie! WHOA! That night we took the boys to the cutest place I have ever been in my life. It was a local park where there were little rides. I wish I could replicate the atmosphere. There were people playing catch, swimming, grilling out, fishing...and in the middle of it all there was a little section of carnival rides you could go on for 75 cents! Plus it was almost all for toddlers! It.was.awesome!!!!!!!! They had a ride with cars. I think they rode it 5 times. They were so cute. They also got to ride a train. This is a new obsession...choochoo's! After we went to a little local place to eat ice cream out back on the picnic tables. I was in heaven...so were the boys!



The next day Nate and T played golf and Auntie and I took the boys on an Amish wagon pet feeding extravaganza! We fed all sorts of deer, cows, zebra, Brutus the Brahma and we saw a beefalo - part cow, part buffalo. It was an hour long and the boys even participated. BTW...I am very intrigued by Amish people!


That night Nate and I went on a surprise date planned for us by Jean and Tom. We went to a winery in the middle of no where...literally...where we got to sit outside and grill our own steaks. It was one of the most fun dinners I have ever had.



While we were there...the boys got to slip and slide! here are pictures from the next day reenactment!


There will be more pictures I am sure. We had the best time! now we are home gearing up for the big birthday weekend! 2 years old...here we come!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Every picture is adorable! So glad you guys had a great time!

p.s. I love the Amish!