Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The faces of trouble

So...we figured out how to climb out of our cribs, we being Blake and Owen. Danger is the only word that comes to mind. I am very stressed about this. It happened first on Sunday for nap. Sunday evening and Monday nap were good - no battle. Last night the battle ensued again. We had to put them back in bed 12 times. Then today at nap time, the battle last 1 hour and 15 minutes.


Here are a few problems.

1.) It started with them doing it together. The first few times they would only come out together. Which means we don't know who started it (I think Owen), but they wait on the other one to escape and strut, and yes I mean strut, out to us. I think they think their is safety in numbers.


2.) Now they don't even come out, they just stay in the room playing. So if I go check and they are laying down we start the process over, but if I don't check they can just be in their playing cars which is how I found them today.


3.) Owen can turn it off, Blake can't. He just can't seem to stay put. Owen gets out a few times, but he doesn't like to be in trouble. So I take away his lovie (Giraffe), and he gets the point. I have said this for a while, but NOTHING PHASES BLAKE! You can take things, spank him, put him time out...he doesn't care. As long as people are watching, he will take it!


4.) They can also get out of their pack n plays - I tried that today.


Today was SO long for me. I was really hoping they would be kind of tough for Nate tonight so he knew what I dealt with, but no...only Blake got out and he only did it once!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!

Maybe sticking to my guns made it happen.
Nate says it is because they know he is the boss. HA!

Here are my little faces of trouble.






And this video makes me laugh. It's on the way home from MS. Owen is calling "Bubbles", Pops and Nini's dog. I know there is a long pause in the middle with nothingness...but I still think this video is really cute!!!!!!!! And the scab on his lip is a carpet burn he got in Chick-fil-a. It was there all week, I just edited it out of pictures, but you can't on a video!




2 comments:

Mom said...

They are looking so alike in their pictures lately! Especially since their haircuts. And those smiles radiate fun and mischief! Love the video

KandD said...

Good Luck! Some days our "naps" consist of them just playing with each other in their room - and me telling them to go back into their room. You just can't fight it some times.