Thursday, December 3, 2009

Turkey Trot

Like I said in the last post one thing I did over the Thanksgiving holiday was run in the Ft. Worth Turkey Trot. When I was on bed rest with the boys two things would make me cry while I watched endless hours of TV - watching people on roller coasters and people running on TV. I told myself as soon as I was off of bed rest I wouldn't take being able to be active for granted. So I would run a 5k. I played sports my whole life but have always joked that the only way I like to run is if you put a ball in my hand. I think the furthest I had ever run was MAYBE 1.5 miles for training for a sport. So 3.2 was a good goal for me.
I started back in May and was able to run it by August. I chose to do a race later so that I would be motivated to keep running and not be a slacker like I have already started being this week. I did a program I found on women's health if you are interested. Remember, I started from scratch after having atrophied muscles from being on bed rest so long. So anyone can do it!
Here is the link:
And I challenge you to - it really was so fun.

Here are a few pictures...and let's be gracious while looking at them...it was like 730 in the morning.

It was also 38 degrees!
Before the race... and My number 1 cheerleader after the race!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am very proud of you! For running, which greatly impresses me, but also being there by 7:30 after driving in from Houston the night before!!

Eric and Darcy said...

I did the same thing! After being on bedrest and being so sick of being couped up (not nearly as long as you, though), I signed up for a race. I signed up for a ridiculously long one-the PF Chang's half marathon-and am regretting it a little. A friend talked me into doing that one and it is really hard to train for with the boys.
CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD JOB on the run!!