Saturday, August 1, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

We have had a busy few weeks around here. After the buddies birthday we headed to Florida, then home for a few days and then the tweedles and I headed to the big D for my nephew John's baptism. It was so great to be there for that.
Here's Johnny Boy!

I then left the boys with my parents so that I could head to camp with our students. I sure missed the little guys, but I know my parents had a great time with them. I also had a great time being with our students. I really love these kids and enjoyed just spending time with them. Hearing their struggles, triumphs, seeing them worship...it was a great few days.

Once home from there we had a few days down time and then we got a great visit from our wonderful friends, Melodee, Jeff and Josie Crank. Melodee and I have been friends for 8 years! I can't believe that. We worked together at FBC Lewisville where she was the Associate and I was an intern during my college summers. She taught me the love of a vanilla diet coke from sonic, laughing until I cried and how to really love on students. I heart my Melodee. We were each others bridesmaids and have kept in touch ever since life has moved us all across the country.

Jeff and Melodee and their firecracker, Josie, live north of San Francisco. So seeing them is a rare treat! We haven't seen then in almost 2 years! It was so fun having them in our home even if short lived!
Here is our attempt to get a picture of the kids.

And the buddies attempt to convince Josie of how cool they really are:

And Josie girl

The next morning Holly and Payton came over - always fun! Here are the tweedles with her.

What can they say...the ladies love them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss you guys, we got so used to seeing you! any more great adventures planned? enjoy your down time, I'm sure it won't last for long!
Love you guys-

Mom said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign the last one--
Mom

Holly Heston said...

Of course the ladies love those boys.....they are so stinkin' sweet!!!