Thursday, July 3, 2008

My prayer for my boys

So as I lay here at 4am the morning of the boys birthday I find myself wide awake and thinking and waiting with anticipation.
We finally decided on the middle name for Blake tonight-Daniel. Now both boys have biblical names with meanings we pray they live up to.
Blake Daniel-
Daniel means God is my judge. I pray that you live a life that is counter culture with a faith that is unwaivering. That at a young age you are setting a precedent that you won't change, won't back down and that you willing to bow when everyone stands and willing to take a stand when everyone else bows. May you live your life concious of who you are living for - may God be your judge.
Owen Nathaniel-
Nathaniel means gift from God. I pray that you live a life where you are a constant blessing to others. I pray that you are a reminder everyday and in every intetaction of God's provision and plan. That people are strengthened and encouraged by your faith and your story and drawn closer to Him after spending time with you. I pray that you are as much of a gift for others as you are to your dad and I.
Above all we pray you come to know Christ as your Savior and fall more in love with him everyday.

No comments: