Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Corsicana Buddies


God has been so good to us - well always - but there have been some very specific things since we moved.



When we found out we were moving to Corsicana...I lowered my expectations. We had a great life in Humble. We had a wonderful church, amazing friends, perfect house....besides Nate's terrible work schedule we were very happy. But that was exactly the point, even with those good things, Nate never enjoyed any of them because he was working so much and so hard.



It wasn't hard to give those things up if that meant we got to see him more. And if when he was home, he was able to be home and not stressing all of the time.

So like I said, I lowered my expectations. I knew we would be closer to my family and my sweet DFW friends, but I had no real expectations for making friends, liking our house, or finding a church. I thought I would spend every day thinking about how I didn't have Target, or Chick-fil-a.



God has so proved me wrong in the past 6 months (yes, we are 1 week short of being here 6 months!)

For one thing, we love our house. We have had some stressful plumbing problems, but we absolutely love it. We have already had tons of people over and enjoy sitting outside watching kiddos play and enjoying our nice patio...spreading out on our sectional and watching the boys run in circles inside the house. We also love the location and that friends can just stop by because they are driving by....it's so great!

Another things is we love our church! We feel so connected and a part and they have taken us in. We are so grateful.



And lastly, we have made friends!!! And not just us, but Blake and Owen, too! There are so many boys running around Corsicana! It has been fun to have some little guys their age to come and run with them. And I like their mommies, so it is fun for me too!



Here are some pictures we had of a little play date at the new house. We had been in for 5 days...so there are still boxes everywhere!



Here are some of the boys having lunch...Big Cooper (we have to differentiate between him and Cooper Heston!, Blake, Keller and Owen)


Cooper and Blake


Keller and Owen

1 comment:

Mom said...

Isn't is awesome when God takes over and blesses us so completely! I'm so glad you guys are so happy. We love having you close. In face we're very spoiled now!