Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prayer

In the past two years I have been amazed at the stores from people I have met who are having difficult pregnancies. And since I have had one myself I view the people I meet as an opportunity to connect with, love on and encourage.
It's a hard thing. No one can really understand unless you have been there yourself. However, one thing every one can do is pray.
I have a friend from high school, Jennifer. I found out a few months ago, thanks to facebook, that she is have a set of boy/girl twins. I have gotten to share some twin info with her for the past few weeks, but today found out that she needs some prayer.

She is 27 weeks tomorrow and is on bed rest at the hospital. She has pre-eclampsia and her little girl had stunted growth. She is touch and go on delivering every day. They are hoping she just makes it to the end of the week.
If delivered at this point, her twins won't be able to breathe on their own, will have to be tube-fed and will be seriously prone to disease. However, every day she can keep them in, they will be saved 3 days in the NICU.
Please pray for this family.
Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Please share my story with her! My Reece had stunted growth and I too was on bed rest at 27 weeks. Prayer does wonders! We made it to 34 weeks and 2 days. Even then doctors were worried Reece woould have other problems which he did, but all fixable with time. Much love and many prayers to your friend.