Thursday, October 6, 2011

Seeing things your own way

The boys started mothers day out/ preschool 2 days a week the week after CJ was born. I have been very impressed with the school and the positive impact it has had on them.
They are in separate classes and it has been so fun watching them develop on their own.
One thing I have seen confirmed in Blake is that he just sees things in his own way. I have always known this to an extent. For instance when we walk into church, Owen walks on the sidewalk and Blake meanders in a zig zag on the grass. In large crowds Owen is at our feet and Blake will follow any one taller than him. Unless he's running he is usually a good 5 feet behind me picking up sticks or watching squirrels. He's a free spirit.
Back to school...we have seen a lot of improvement in letter recognition. The other night while in the car, blake pointed out the 2 o's and 2 r's in the grocery store sign. So we know he knows his letters.
Today Owen came home with this picture. I asked Blake what letter this was... His reply, "I see all the o's mommy.". At first I though "what?!," then I realized he was looking at things in his own Blakey way.
I love that kid:)

2 comments:

Erin and Jens said...

I love it.

Mom said...

That's what makes kids so much fun--we see things all different ways thru their eyes! love those kiddos!