Monday, May 2, 2011

Best friends

I have heard all sorts of stories about relationships between twins. Some where they adore each other, some where they don't like each other and some about apathy towards each other. I seem to think it really falls on the types of twins they are...are they identical or fraternal, boy/boy, girl/girl or boy/girl. I think that has a lot to do with it. Most parents of identicals all seem to talk about the strong bond their twins have (of course some people don't agree).

All that I really know is that right now there are no bigger buddies in the world than Blake and Owen.

They talk about being best friends and they pretend to be characters that are best friends, i.e. Thomas and Percy (Thomas the Train). It is hillarious when they get into these love fests. They start hugging and telling each other they love each other and then of course tickling that leads to wrestling. And as seen below like to just snuggle up! I was getting ready one morning last week and walked in on them sitting like this watching Special Agent Oso. So cute!




Here they are tickling:




And yesterday I was trying to get pictures to send out "we've moved" cards and when I told them to put their arms around each other this is what they did:



By the way...daddy HATES this picture!





5 comments:

Erin and Jens said...

Awesome! Such sweet brothers. By the way...THEY are going to hate that picture in a few years. But really cute for us now!

Erin and Phil said...

I've only ever known life as a twin, so I can't say much about the relationship with older/younger siblings, but I know my brother is still, at age 33, with hundreds of miles between us, one fo my very best friends! I love seeing how much Blake and Owen love each other- it's adorable!! And makes for good future blackmail pics ;) Ha! Love the updates, and hope you and that little girl are doing well :) Can't wait to see how much the boys love her (Nate included!)! Hugs!
-Erin Henry

Jessie said...

haha I can already see this in a wedding slideshow. Too precious! I really need to see these boys soon!!

Alexis Grant said...

I've had this post in my RSS feed forever waiting to be read... It is beautiful! I love the video of them hanging out. I'm about to send this to a few of my mom friends!

Amanda said...

Kim my boys are the same way! Melts my heart and yes men hate the kissing lip pictures here too!