Sunday, January 16, 2011

Miss me?!?

Well, it's been a while folks...I am sure you missed me.
And I know someone other than my mom has missed my blog...Kelcy...she even facebooked me to tell me!

Now that we have our own internet here at the "big house" as the boys call it, updates will be more regular...sigh a sigh of relief. You can see those two little munchkins whenever you like
So a few updates before pictures:

1.) We are still in temporary housing. We are waiting for our house to sell in Houston...come on house! We are hoping that we are getting near...no propositions just hoping that the timing will be right soon enough! There aren't a ton of options in Corsicana, so buying one wont be difficult...we are just waiting for our other home to sell!
2.) We are pregnant! I am 7 1/2 weeks along and due some time around the end of August/early September. I am feeling great other than starting to be so tired and not wanting to eat!

3.) We have settled on a church home. We are attending a small bible church called Believer's Bible Church. We arrived here in a very crazy, very obviously God, way. This summer we had one of our most favorite college girls, Lauren, babysit the boys for us one night. She had some friends in from DBU and they came along. When we got home we sat around and visited with her and her friends. One of her friends, Abbey, told us that her dad was a pastor in Corsicana. Two months later we found out we were moving to Corsicana. I got in touch with Abbey who got us in touch with her parents. They are awesome! They have become sweet friends to us. BBC is the church he pastors and the people are amazingly friendly and right away we felt at home. Finding a church is a huge part of feeling settled...we are so glad we have found a church home.

Okay, that is it for now. We really are doing great! Here are some pictures from the Holidays!
Nini and Pops got some chickens! That is part of the fun going to their house! Here are the boys at Thanksgiving feeding the chickens with Pops!

We also have a new found love for dogs...especially Beamer and Bubbles...here is Blake with Bubbles at Thanksgiving.

Grammy and Papa Ric helped us start the Christmas season by taking the boys to Canton, MS. Their town square is very decorated with fun rides! Here we are on the Merry-go-round!

An advantage of being closer to Dallas means closer to family. We met my sister in law, Whitney, and my nieces and nephew in downtown Dallas to ride the trolley to the art museum for a day of free fun! Here they are on the trolley!


The boys got to be ring bearers in another wedding. This was a special wedding since it was a Heston wedding. We love those Heston's! The flower girls were Payton and Katelyn! They were precious! Here is Owen and Payton!

and Blake and Katelyn

and Daddy and Blake

Christmas was really fun this year. The boys understood more and loved helping bake and doing other Christmassy things!
Here they are making cookies...and eating them!

On our way to the Christmas Eve service

Christmas Eve in our new PJ's with daddy...singing Jingle Bells!
Blake eating seven layer dip watching a Christmas Story
Christmas Day we headed to my parents. Here are the grandkids...
Thanks Uncle Pete for this one:


Then the day after we headed to Mississippi for a week. I think most of my pictures from that week are on my other camera! So here is one for now:
The boys with their great grandparents...Papa Joe and Ga

5 comments:

Alexis Grant said...

Congrats to you both! So exciting that you'll be adding another kiddo (or two?!) to the family. Keep us posted!

Taylor said...

I love how you slipped in the update that you were pregnant...he he! Congratulations, hope you continue feeling well! I can't believe how big the boys have gotten, they are adorable. Good luck selling your house. God's timing is always perfect!

Erin and Phil said...

I've missed the blog, too, Kim! And I'm super excited to hear your news! :) Congrats to you and Nate! I'll bet Blake and Owen are going to be awesome big brothers :) So glad you guys are doing well- let us know if you come to NC to visit sometime, we'd love to see you!
Hugs- Erin Henry

Pops and Nini said...

Sweet - sweet times. Next time you come to Pops and Nini's you will be able to pick up eggs from the chickens! Can't wait to see you soon. oxoxoxo Nini and puppy kisses Bubbles and Beamer

Granma said...

Love to see the updates and pictures. It's so much fun being closer. I think the New Year is gonna be great!