Friday, January 22, 2010

Exhausting

Is the best way to describe the past few weeks.

At the beginning of last week my mom called to tell me that my grandmother was in the hospital. We knew she had an aortic aneurysm and this was likely the cause of her being there this time. All we knew was that she was in a great deal of pain. Later that day they concluded that was it and that all they could do was monitor her blood pressure and her pain level. Within a few hours...she was gone.

My grandmother was a great woman. She was a huge part of my childhood and adult life. She was a woman who would tell it like it was...but also make you laugh. She adored her family and we adored her.

We headed to the Dallas area for her funeral. It was a long few days...but I am so grateful we were able to be a part.

I sure miss her.

Here she is in October with the boys. I like this picture because it shows her playing with Owen...she was fun, I tell ya.

We spent the weekend with my parents and then came back to Houston, not feeling to well, on Sunday.



The not feeling too well turned in to the flu...for all 4 of us. So today is our first day back. Nate went to work and I haven't napped all day.

Like I said exhausting.

So to catch up on the long two weeks...here are a few pictures.

Here is Blake loving on his sick Dada...Nate was so hot that the boys would touch him and then blow on him...to cool him off like they do their food.


We have all had a little too much together time the past few days :)

2 comments:

susanna said...

Oh Kim! All 4 of you with the FLU? That's awful!

And I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sounds like she was an amazing woman that influenced you in a huge way.

What a tough couple of weeks. I love you and am praying for you guys to recover from all of this quickly. I can't imagine....

Miss you, sweet friend!

Mom said...

What a sweet way to remember her. She did love these boys! Thanks for sharing sweet memories. I'm so glad you all are better.