Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FLA in the USA!

We got to go to Sarasota (Lakewood Ranch) Florida this past week to see some wonderful friends, Lindsay, Hal and Drew Ramsey, and to celebrate Nate turning the big 3-0! It was so much fun. I am sure we completely wore them out, but we sure did enjoy seeing them! It's so fun to get to see your friends and where they live, shop, eat and go to church. It helps you picture their lives better.
Another fun thing is that Drew, their son, is almost 8 months old and we have never been able to meet him. So getting to introduce him to Blake and Owen was great.
I am sure there will be many posts from this trip to get in all of the fun/funny stories. But this will start us off.
The first day we were there we went swimming at their friends house and then to an aquarium. I got to see a Manatee and I was really thrilled about that. It was massive! The aquarium was also a hospital for the sea life. They have treated sun burned dolphins - who knew? They also had a blind sea turtle who kept running into walls. I shouldn't think that's funny, but I do.
Here are some pics from that day!

Owen's post-swimming hair-do




















Sweet Drew!




















Little Buddies at the end of the Mote Aquarium














This one makes me laugh. It's like, "hey man, why are you crying?"















So, that was day one. Stay tuned for the rest of the days adventures. I am sure everyone is waiting on pins and needles :).
Off to our 1 year check up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last pictures! They are too funny. Can't wait for more!
Love you all

Rubies and Rewards said...

That poor turtle! It was sad to see it keep running into the wall!